The High School Musical alum made one heck of a transformation on his new Netflix show, Down to Earth with Zac Efron, and Twitter is literally losing it over Efron’s noticeably beefier bod.Social media was set ablaze this weekend when trailer clips from the series showed the 32-year-old heartthrob looking scruffier than ever with a full beard and an even burlier frame — looking like a ... Hollywood star Zac Efron recently confirmed his new romance with Byron Bay local Vanessa Valladares. And new details have surfaced about how the couple met, with Who magazine reporting that the ... Zac Efron Latest News Zac Efron Latest News Zac Efron is recuperating after almost passing on from a bacterial disease. While shooting his upcoming documentary series Killing Zac Efron in Papua New Guinea, the 32-year-old actor contracted a “type of typhoid or comparative bacterial disease” just before Christmas, the Daily Mail reports. Meet Darin Olien (Zac Efron’s Travel Partner) & See Who His Famous Ex Is Zac Efron just released his new Netflix series Down to Earth and it follows him traveling the world with superfoods guru ... While Zac Efron has always been very low key when it comes to his private life, rumour has it the 32-year-old actor is getting serious with Australian model Vanessa Valladares. Zac moved to Australia at the beginning of lockdown and the pair reportedly met in June at the Byron Bay General Store café where Vanessa was working. In Zac's upcoming Quibi original adventure series, Killing Zac Efron, the actor will be without his shirt quite often, so it's understandable if you want to know what his relationship status is these days.In January of 2020, Us Weekly exclusively broke the news that Zac had ended his relationship of a year with swimmer Sarah Bro. Sarah swam for the Danish national team during the 2016 Olympics ... Zac Efron has been enjoying a new romance with Australian waitress Vanessa Valladares for the last two months. And while things appear to be going well between the two so far, there may be some ...
CONTENT COURTESY OF COLUMBIA CVB ON STAGE
- Columbia Entertainment Company, 1800 Nelwood Drive, presents "The Music Man" at 7:30 p.m. Thursday through Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday. The classic Meredith Wilson musical follows a musical Pied Piper who stirs things up in an Iowa town. Tickets are $10 opening night, $10 to $12 for all other shows. The show continues June 16-19 and 23-26.
- The University of Missouri kicks off its Summer Repertory Theatre season with what promises to be a madcap comedy. One of two Comedies-in-Concert this season - the other to be presented July 5 -"The Zenith Escape" finds stalwarts David Crespy and Meg Phillips Crespy delivering a new musical in which two children battle an evil game show host, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Corner Playhouse; $5. The Summer Rep fun continues with the opening of "Greater Tuna" with shows at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday in the Corner Playhouse; tickets are $12.
- Deja Vu Comedy Club, 405 Cherry St., presents James Johann, Dale Hilton, Chris Fenton and Isaih Edoho at 9 p.m. Friday; Johann and Hilton perform at 9 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $9 Friday, $10 Saturday.
- Talking Horse Productions delivers sweet summer fare with "Truffles and Nougat." The farce, written by University of Missouri graduate Brad Stephenson, whisks viewers to a politically unstable France where one family tries to sort through candy, love and deceit. 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m Sunday. Talking Horse Theatre, 210 St. James St. The show continues June 17-19. Tickets are $11 to $13.
- Missouri Symphony Orchestra and Missouri Contemporary Ballet join forces for the first time in a major program of four new works-two performed for the first time. Music by Ginastera, Ibert, Vivaldi, and Tool. This cutting-edge program knocks down barriers and preconceptions about symphony orchestras and ballet companies. Friday-Saturday 7:30 PM at Missouri Theatre.
- Ragtag Cinema presents 'Trafic' Monday 6 PM. Each month, we select a director with a new film and screen one of their all-time favorite movies. In June, we're presenting one of Patrick Wang's personal favorites, Jacques Tati's Trafic (1971). In this delightful comedy, Tati's famous protagonist Monsieur Hulot travels to an Amsterdam auto show to promote his new product, a (rather absurd) camper car.
- Ragtag Cinema presents 'Muhammad Ali, The Greatest' Tuesday 5:30 PM. Free! This documentary by acclaimed photographer and filmmaker William Klein is a vibrant, intimate portrait of one of the greatest sports figures of modern times. The first portion, shot from 1964-65, covers the period of Ali's title fight and rematch with Sonny Liston, when he was still known as Cassius Clay. Klein later expanded the film to feature length by following the historic "Rumble in the Jungle" match against George Foreman in Zaire in 1974. Rather than highlight fight footage, Klein focuses on Ali and his era, with glimpses of such notables as Malcolm X, Norman Mailer and The Beatles. The changing nature of Ali's inner circle, the fighter's spiritual and political complexity, and the racial climate of the times are all brilliantly captured.
- Family Fun Fest: Explore the Outdoors Wednesday 6-8 PM at Cosmo Park. See how the park transforms into a family friendly festival of fun with a new theme each month. Entertainment for the whole family will include music, live performances, art activities, hands on learning, face painting, balloon art, and fun for all! The outdoors has so much to offer! Learn about Missouri fish, birds, parks, camping, and more from state and local experts. Food trucks will be on site.
- Ragtag Cinema presents 'The Grief of Others' (Homebrewed #2) Wednesday 6:30 PM. Less than three days after entering the world, the Ryries' newborn son dies. Writer-director Patrick Wang tenderly shows us how each family member privately copes with the loss. In adapting a novel by Leah Hager Cohen, Wang, a theater director whose first film In the Family screened in Homebrewed 2012, disregards traditional narrative structure. He instead employs unusual techniques to convey the Ryries' struggles. Scenes replay from different perspectives. Memories are superimposed mid-conversation. This generous approach affords tremendous empathy for both the parents and their children, who are inhabited by a superb cast.
- Outdoor Summer Movie Series - Big Hero 6 Friday 8:30 PM at Open Door Church. FREE Movies and Popcorn! Pack up the family, grab your blankets and lawn chairs and join us this summer! Movies will be located at Open Door Church in Columbia, Missouri on the soccer field located behind the church building. If there is inclement weather, movies will be rescheduled or moved indoors. Concessions and gates open at 8:30 p.m. and movies start at dusk.
- 4th Annual Hello, Baby! Expo Saturday 8 AM - 1 PM at the Holiday Inn Executive Center. TheHello, Baby! Expo is a fun-filled educational day for new parents, parents-to-be and babies, too! Learn about pregnancy, birth, baby care, play activities, nutrition and more. Shop for goods and services from area stores and vendors.
- Missouri Race Series Saturday 8 AM at Twin Lakes. Columbia is the only trail run in the Missouri Race Series. We feel that Missouri's trails are important to running in this state, and there are no better sections of trail than in Columbia. Missouri men's basketball coach, Kim Anderson, is our honorary starter. The course starts at Twin Lakes Recreational Area. Kim will send runners approximately ½ a mile around a beautiful lake before entering the MKT trail. The trail is canopy covered in parts, and open in others. Even though you are on a trail, the scenery around you changes and is quite enjoyable. Naturally, this is an out and back course. Runners return to Twin Lakes Recreational Area to enjoy the post-race activities which include Shakespeare's Pizza, a Columbia tradition.
- Columbia Farmers Market Saturday 8 AM - noon at the ARC. Experience the taste of mid-Missouri at the Columbia Farmers Market! Columbia Farmers Market moves back to the parking lot behind the ARC and runs every Saturday (March 19-October 29) from 8-noon. Fresh vegetables & fruit, meat, farm fresh eggs, cheeses, honey, cut flowers, plants, artisan items & more. As a producer-only market, everything sold here is offered by the farmers and artisans who help sustain our region. Food Stamps accepted at all markets. Live music at the ARC market every Saturday! Rain or Shine! 573-823-6889.
- Boone County Farmers Market Saturday 8 AM - noon at the Columbia Mall. Offering a large selection of fruits, vegetables, flowering plants, hanging baskets, and wooden planters. Also specialty products like jams, jellies, baked goods, antibiotic-free beef, kettle corn, soaps.
- Katy Trail Ride to Cooper's Landing Saturday 10 AM leaving from the MKT Stadium Trailhead. Join us on a leisurely 32 mile round trip ride. Pack a lunch or order from Chim's Thai Kitchen (on your own). Return with the group or at your own pace. Ride self-supported with an extra inner tube, air pump and water. Helmets required.
- Meet the Author: Carolyn Mulford Saturday 10:30 AM at Boone County Historical Museum. Free Admission - Free Coffee. Doors open at 9:30am, Presentation at 10:30am. Harold's Doughnuts always on hand. Author Carolyn Mulford will discuss her latest thriller Show Me the Ashes, featuring her heroine Phoenix Smith.
- June Full Moon Solstice Psychic Fair Saturday 11 AM at Good Nature. What better way to celebrate the summer solstice than with a good palm read? Stop by Good Nature for discounted rates on tarot, runes, palm readings and more at their psychic fair.
- Hamlet: National Theatre Live Performance Saturday 12:30 PM at Ragtag Cinema. Academy Award® nominee Benedict Cumberbatch (BBC's Sherlock, Imitation Game) stars as the title character in this celebrated National Theatre production of Shakespeare's great tragedy. As a country arms itself for war, a family tears itself apart. Forced to avenge his father's death but paralyzed by the task ahead, Hamlet rages against the impossibility of his predicament, threatening both his sanity and the security of the state. Directed by Lyndsey Turner (Posh, Chimerica) and produced by Sonia Friedman Productions. Brought to you in partnership with BY Experience HD.
- Annual Juneteenth Day Saturday 3:30-7:30 PM at Douglass Park. Come and celebrate African-American Heritage in the park with bands, choirs, speakers, games, and food. Bring your lawn chair or blanket and come have some fun.
- Orr Street Farmers and Artisans Market Sunday 9-1 PM at Wabash Bus Station. Vendors with everything from fresh produce to handcrafted jewelry will be selling their wares. Food trucks and music will also be there to bring the fun to this weekly event.
- Craft Beer Cellar's Father's Day Beer Brunch Sunday 10 AM-2 PM. Brunch is served. Take dad out to Craft Beer Cellar on Father's Day and have signature pancakes, thick-sliced bacon (or opt for the chocolate-covered bacon from their friendly neighbors at the Candy Factory) complete with a full beer and cocktail menu.
- Kid Disco! Sunday 10:30 AM at Rose Music Hall. Bring your kids out to Rose Music Hall and Forrest Rose Park every other Sunday starting on May 22nd. We'll have DJs Requiem, RonIronic or Jen Ha set up on our patio spinning disco, club classics, 80s, funk, and more. They'll run around dancing like wild animals in the friendly confines of our cute little park, burning energy and jumping in our bounce house (provided by our pals at Rockin Rents). You hang out with other parents and chow down on Pepe's tasty Mexican brunch menu while sipping on Bloody Mary's, mimosas, beers, or even just an orange juice if that's your thing. Then at 2pm when the party's over, everybody can go home and take a big nap.
- Native Pollinators Dinner and Fundraiser Sunday 5 PM at Reynolds Alumni Center. Mizzou Botanic Garden invites you to kickoff National Pollinators' Week with a Native Pollinators Dinner and Fundraiser! Join us for a tour of the gardens at 5 p.m. followed by a Dinner at 6 p.m. and special guest speaker, Dr. Gary Nabhan. Dr. Nabhan is an Agricultural Ecologist, Ethnobotanist and Writer from the University of Arizona.
- Sager Braudis Gallery, 1025 E. Walnut St., presents its Summer Exhibit Tuesday through July 30. Exhibiting artists are Ramin Abrahim, Kevin Box, Scott Conary, Daniel Marks and Joel Sager.
- Resident Arts, 1023 E. Walnut #3, presents an exhibit by emerging artist resident Madalynn Olmsted through June 29.
- Imago Gallery and Cultural Center, 1020 E. Broadway, presents an exhibit of works by Matt Ballou through June 15.
- Columbia Art League, 207 S. Ninth St., presents Chromophobia through June 17. The show is an exploration of artists' relationship to colors - more specifically, the colors that frighten, excite and comfort them. An opening reception will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday.
- Orr Street Studios, 106 Orr St., presents Brian Mahieu: The Last of the Missouri PaintingsThursday through June 25. Subtitled "Wrapping Up 30 Years of Plein Air Paintings of the Missouri River Valley," the show features Mahieu's evocative natural scenes ahead of a move out of state.
- Any artist can create in 3-D - M. Shawn Cornell makes works in 3-P. His new show, Landscapes in 3-P - Painting, Pottery and Prints - is on display at the Montminy Art Gallery through June 26. The St. Louis-based artist uses these varied mediums, with different capabilities, limitations, textures and surface areas, to explore different facets of the natural world. The gallery is located inside the Walters-Boone County Historical Museum and Galleries, 3801 Ponderosa St.
LIVE MUSIC Tuesday
- No Sports For You! (nothing here this week)
- Open mic 8 p.m. at The Bridge; free.
- Leighton Roden 7 to 10 p.m. at Murry's.
- Hot Summer Nights: Music and Superheroes 6:30 p.m. at Missouri Theatre; free.
- Carter Winter, Jase Ryan Band 8 p.m. at Rose Music Hall; $5 to $10.
- Tom Andes 7 to 10 p.m. at Murry's.
- Mungion, Catdaddy's Funky Fuzz-Bunker Band 8 p.m. at Rose Music Hall; $8 to $10..
- Florist, Half Moon, Dubb Nubb 8 p.m. at Café Berlin; $7.
- Burial Ritual, Groin Mallet, Intracranial Butchery, Abstract Atrocity 9 p.m. at The Social Room; $7 to $9.
- Artie’s Univibe 6:30 p.m. at Jazz, A Louisiana Kitchen.
- Leighton Roden 7 to 10 p.m. at Murry’s.
- Jordan Heckemeyer 6 PM at The Roof.
- Mick Byrd 5 p.m. at Rose Music Hall; free.
- Kaminanda, Lusid, Kevin Shpacey, Ghost Signals, Quasar Camp 9 p.m. at Rose Music Hall; $10.
- Second Hand King, Domineko, Dom Chronicles, Scotty Wu 9 p.m. at The Social Room; $5 to $7.
- Artie's Univibe 6:30 p.m. at Jazz, A Louisiana Kitchen.
- Jordan Thomas and His Designated Drivers 8 p.m. at Rocheport General Store.
- Dave and Dyno and the Roadkill Orchestra 5 p.m. at Rose Music Hall; free.
- The Royal Furs, Jenny Teator and the Fevers, Molly Healey 9 p.m. at Rose Music Hall; $5.
- Don't Mind Dying, Decadent Nation, Four Skeevy Dudes 9 p.m. at The Social Room; $5 to $7.
- Rose Ridge 4 p.m. at Les Bourgeois Vineyards.
- Lisa Rose Trio 6:30 p.m. at Jazz, A Louisiana Kitchen.
- Al Jolly 8 p.m. at Rocheport General Store.
- DeepWater 7:30 p.m. at VFW Post 280; $8.
- Tom Andes Trio 9 p.m. at Murry's.
- Missouri Symphony Orchestra 7 p.m. at Shelter Gardens; free.
MOVIE GUIDE ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS
- 'Blind' Boone Piano Concert Series: Bob Milne 2 PM at Boone County Historical Museum.
- Alice (Mia Wasikowska) returns to Wonderland after finding success in the real world as a ship's captain, only to discover that the Mad Hatter (Johnny Depp) is suffering from severe depression. Eager to help her friend, she steals a time-travel device called the Chronosphere and journeys into the past in order to save the Hatter's family. Elsewhere, the deposed Red Queen (Helena Bonham Carter) also attempts to go back in time and heal old wounds. THE ANGRY BIRDS MOVIE
- This animated adaptation of the hugely popular video-game series follows three avian friends as they put their anger to good use by fighting back against a hostile force. Red (voiced by Jason Sudeikis), Chuck (Josh Gad), and Bomb (Danny McBride) are all outcasts who don't quite fit in on Bird Island, a community of flightless fowl who pride themselves on staying positive and cheerful at all times. The trio hit it off after meeting at an anger-management class, and are the only birds who seem even remotely suspicious when a group of green pigs arrive on their island. When the swine's nefarious plans are revealed, only Red and his pals have what it takes to save the day. CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR
- In this superhero epic, the denizens of the Marvel Universe are forced to pick sides when Captain America (Chris Evans) and Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) come to blows over ideological differences. After a mission involving a new Avengers squad led by Cap ends with several civilian casualties in Lagos, the team are asked to sign an agreement that would force them to take orders from a United Nations panel. Tony Stark (aka Iron Man) pressures Cap to accept this new arrangement, in part because he feels deeply guilty about his own past recklessness; Captain America, however, fears that the Avengers will only be corrupted by bureaucracy. Their disagreement eventually escalates into all-out war when Cap's old friend Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan), now a brainwashed assassin known as the Winter Soldier, reenters the picture. CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE
- A CIA assassin (Dwayne Johnson) asks a former high-school classmate (Kevin Hart), now an accountant, for his help in saving the world. THE CONJURING 2
- Ed (Patrick Wilson) and Lorraine Warren (Vera Farmiga) investigate one of the U.K.'s most notorious hauntings in this sequel. FINDING DORY
- The lovable amnesiac blue tang Dory (voiced by Ellen DeGeneres) searches for her parents off the coast of California. With the help of Nemo (Hayden Rolence) and his dad Marlin (Albert Brooks), Dory navigates the Monterey Marine Life Institute and evades predators along the way in search of her family and a place to call home. THE JUNGLE BOOK
- Jon Favreau directs this stunning reimagining of the classic Rudyard Kipling tale The Jungle Book, Neel Sethi plays the orphaned Mowgli, who's raised in the jungle with the help of talking animals. THE LOBSTER
- This surreal, ingenious comedy is set in a world where singleness is forbidden. Colin Farrell stars as Alexander, a glum bachelor who is arrested and taken to The Hotel, where he and other single citizens are put to the test: locate a mate in 45 days, or be turned into an animal of your choosing. The Lobster (named after Alexander's animal of choice) is the critically acclaimed, English-language debut of notorious Greek director Yorgos Lanthimos (Dogtooth). It co-stars Rachel Weisz, Léa Seydoux and John C. Reilly. LOVE & FRIENDSHIP
- After her husband dies, an intelligent and devious woman, Lady Susan Vernon (Kate Beckinsale), travels to her in-laws' estate. She plans to stay there until some nasty rumors die down. While there, Lady Susan decides to find a lover for her daughter (Morfydd Clark) and one for herself, too. She asks an old friend (Chloë Sevigny) to help. Two handsome men complicate the situation. Written and directed by Whit Stillman (Metropolitan) and set in the late eighteenth century, this hilarious comedy of manners skillfully adapts an early Jane Austen novella. ME BEFORE YOU
- Adapted from the bestselling novel by Jo Jo Moyes, Me Before You tells the story of the unexpected relationship that blossoms between a contented small town Englishwoman and the wealthy, paralyzed Londoner who hires her as his caretaker. NEIGHBORS 2: SORORITY RISING
-Two years after feuding with a rowdy frat that moved next door to them, young parents Mac (Seth Rogen) and Kelly (Rose Byrne) are about to have their second child and move to a new house. Unfortunately, their attempts to sell their current home hit a snag when a sorority led by a rebellious college student (Chloë Grace Moretz) become their new neighbors. Desperate to get rid of the hard-partying gals, the couple forge an alliance with Teddy (Zac Efron), the former fratboy who tormented them the last time around. THE NICE GUYS
- Bumbling private investigator Holland March (Ryan Gosling) and muscle-for-hire Jackson Healy (Russell Crowe) become unlikely partners when they find themselves both looking for the missing Amelia (Margaret Qualley) following the recent death of a high profile porn star. Amelia's ties to the actress are unclear, but as other members in the porn industry show up dead, the stakes of their investigation are raised much higher than the duo could have anticipated. With the help of March's teenage daughter Holly (Angourie Rice), their sleuthing unearths a sprawling corruption that runs high up in the federal government. NOW YOU SEE ME 2
- One year after outwitting the FBI and winning the public's adulation with their Robin Hood-style magic spectacles, the illusionists resurface for a comeback performance in hopes of exposing the unethical practices of a tech magnate. TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS
- Heroes in a half shell Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo, and Donatello return to clean up the streets of New York City in this sequel to the 2014 hit. WARCRAFT
- Humans and orcs clash in this film adaptation of the popular video-game series. X-MEN: APOCALYPSE
- In this comic-book adventure set in the 1980s, the X-Men are forced to confront an ancient mutant called Apocalypse.
CHECK EACH THEATRE FOR SHOWTIMES RAGTAG CINEMA – 10 Hitt Street 573-443-4359 REGAL STADIUM 14 THEATER – 2800 Goodwin Pointe Drive 573-817-0770 GOODRICH FORUM 8 – 1209 Forum Katy Parkway 573-445-7469
Watch Zac Efron: Movies That Made Me in full on BBC iPlayer in the UK: https://bbc.in/2Lo12qy Zac Efron talks to BBC Radio 1's Film Critic Ali Plumb about ho... What happened between Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens? All Secrets Finally Revealed 👀🔐 These 2 love birds Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens were once a couple back... Watch who you picked as best for Zac Efron here: https://youtu.be/3q2Tb1edT6I And keep voting for your favorite of the three here: https://video-archive.org/... Liza Koshy is an incredibly inspiring creator, but she’s even more inspiring in the gym! On this episode of Gym Time, we tried some workouts that tested our ... #ZacEfron #ZacEfronGirlfriend #DatingHistory Zac Efron's Dating History 😍 2005 to Till Now Zachary David Alexander Efron (/ˈɛfrɒn/; born October 18, 1987) is... Watch Baywatch movie: https://amzn.to/2Wu3qgV Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief MOVIE: https://amzn.to/2MHu5Cn FIRST BOOKS of Percy Jackson and The Olympian... My Baywatch co-star Alexandra Daddario joins me today for a killer core workout. We couldn't help but to reminisce about our carb-less days preparing for Bay... Hello Youtube! Remember to check back weekly for my travel adventure series “Off the Grid”, or for my workout and interview show “Gym Time”. You can expect t... Zachary David Alexander Efron is an American actor and singer. He began acting professionally in the early 2000s and rose to prominence in the late 2000s for... More Celebrity News http://bit.ly/SubClevverNews Sorry to all of you that were hoping to date Zac Efron or rooting for a Zac and Vanessa Hudgens reconcili...